Sunday, August 23, 2015

11. Tales from the Borderlands is really good



I actually haven't played the game myself but from what I've been seeing from let's players I can safely say that it's really  good. Tales from the borderlands is a game based on the events after borderlands 2. We  control the characters named Rhys who works at Hyperion (it's one of the games evil corporations that the players from borderlands 2 constantly run against) and a con artist named fiona. Rhys got screwed over by fiona but they became buddies because of Rhys' boss trying to kill them and the vault (hidden treasure but is protected by powerful aliens). Fiona and Rhys are also accompanied by their respective best friends, Rhys' bestfriend is Vaugn and Fiona's somewhat sister is Sasha.

First off I really like the chemistry of Fiona and Rhys. Their chemistry isn't the relationshop, romance, lovey-dovey kind of chemistry it's just that it will seem like at the end of this, they also will become best buddies. Rhys' neurotic, corny but somewhat witty personality contrasts to Fiona's calm and collected nature, it's a nice combination but not just in their personality or how they were written. The gameplay of Fiona and Rhys are so different; Rhys uses his bionic eye to tell info about highlighted objects while Fiona's gameplay has you looking for money. This is still a telltale game though so it's not saying much but at least there's the feel of difference and it makes sense to their character.

second the lore, I know that not a lot of people care about borderlands' lore but I love how it's rich enough to be able to stretch it to have a game that's a different genre. I like how they showed that there are still remnants of your enemies back in borderlands 1 and how they connect to characters in borderlands pre-sequel. There's also lots of nods to the game's enemies like the rakkhive and additional creatures as well such as the jellyfishthings that the players encounter at episode 4.


I'm really excited to see how the last episode in this game and while I haven't played it, I will get this on steam once the last episode comes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment