Sunday, August 23, 2015

15. General Luna


An interesting seminar was held in school, the seminar is about heroism, it was such an interesting topic. We've learned from the speakers so much, there's the history of people, particularly the heroes and the concept of heroism. The insight from the speakers has inspired me to think about it too and I applaud them for it. I hope more speakers would talk about the idea of heroism too as I know it also inspired a lot of students that attended the seminar.

I want to say that the seminar's really good. Not only was the seminar engaging it's also fun, it's because of the speaker's humor, it practically relates to our generation. I find using humor as ice breakers for a seminar is really good, it breaks the tensions that come with going to a seminar as a listener and a speaker going to a seminar. You feel like you already connect with the speaker when they break the ice with humor, it feels homely so you don't feel embarrassed agreeing to what the speaker will say. It's nice the hired Xiao Chua to speak though I find it weird that a Chinese man talking about heroism especially since there's an altercation between Philippines and China.

The seminar wasn't just a seminar it's also a promotion for the upcoming move "General Luna." General Luna is about the story of Antonio Luna. Antonio Luna is a person that  makes decision and commands them firmly. General Luna's struggle is not the Americans he's fighting against, it's the fellow Filipinos he is fighting with. I love how the movie will shed light on the fact that there are infightings going on in our history, it tells a tragic story on why the Philippine revolution failed, it makes sense why. The audience was introduced to a 12 minute early look of General Luna, it was enough to excite me and my friends, in actuality, one of my friends called SM to ask for a discount  for herself and fellow students, it's these actions why I think the hype for  General Luna REAL.


The movie will be released at September 9 and everyone who went there will watch that as they were posting things related to the seminar and the General Luna on facebook, it was fun to see those. I myself am going to watch it, I just hope it doesn't affect how I fair in the Finals week. *shudders

1 comment: